Lately I’ve been thinking about doing a series on proper theological method. I only have a brief outline and sporadic thoughts so far, but I wanted to open up the floor for any suggestions. Here is my outline:
- Part 1: Introduction – The Need for a Proper Method
- Part 2: Research – Primary and Secondary Sources
- Part 3: Context – Literary, Historical, and Theological
- Part 4: Constructing an Argument – The Example of C. S. Lewis
- Part 5: Evaluating Other Arguments – Internal and External Consistency
I have no idea when I will find time to write all of this, but I think it is something important that isn’t discussed enough. The aim will be to explain clearly and concisely a proper theological method for those who are unfamiliar with it and to criticize popular illegitimate notions regarding it.